* Login   * Register * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:58 pm 
Organizer Emeritus

Scooter Model(s): Vespa GTS 250
Dear Fellow Scooterists,

I will be participating in the 2016 Mt. Kilimanjaro Trek Team Living Proof from January 17-28th, 2016 as part of the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF) Team For Cures.

The work ahead of me? Climb 19,341 ft above sea level and raise at least $10,000 for the MMRF. Training for this event is a big challenge, but nothing compared to the challenges faced by patients like myself with multiple myeloma.

Multiple myeloma is the second most common form of blood cancer and, sadly, has one of the lowest five-year relative survival rates of all cancers. But while there is no cure, great progress is being made.

In fact, thanks to the important work of the MMRF, the world's leading private funder of myeloma research, the FDA has approved seven new treatments, including two in just the past 24 months – a track record that's unparalleled in the world of oncology. These drugs have almost tripled the lifespan of myeloma patients. And now the MMRF is funding 21 additional treatments in various stages of development, giving hope to tens of thousands of patients and their families.

The Goal: Raise $10,000 for the MMRF!

The MMRF is one of the most highly regarded cancer foundations in the world. An outstanding 90% of the total MMRF budget goes directly towards research and related programming. And the MMRF is in the top 1% of all charities, having earned Charity Navigator’s 4-star rating for the past eleven years in a row.

Please support my participation in the Mt. Kilimanjaro Trek Team Living Proof benefiting the MMRF. I have made a commitment to raise at least $10,000, and I need your help to get there. Please contribute whatever you can. It all adds up!

Please take this opportunity to give back and support this game-changing cancer organization.

Thanks so much for your help in finding a cure!

Stan

http://support.themmrf.org/site/TR/EnduranceEvents/EnduranceEvents?px=1569122&pg=personal&fr_id=2121

http://www.stanwagner.net

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:53 pm 

Scooter Model(s): GTV 250, Mana 850, Stella, BMW R75/6, '64 VBB, '84 MG LeMans 3, '64 GS 160, MG California 1400
Come on you cheap scooterists. All of you who have been waning to get rid of Stan, now is your chance. Let's send him off to Africa.
Stan wrote:
Dear Fellow Scooterists,

I will be participating in the 2016 Mt. Kilimanjaro Trek Team Living Proof from January 17-28th, 2016 as part of the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF) Team For Cures.

The work ahead of me? Climb 19,341 ft above sea level and raise at least $10,000 for the MMRF. Training for this event is a big challenge, but nothing compared to the challenges faced by patients like myself with multiple myeloma.

Multiple myeloma is the second most common form of blood cancer and, sadly, has one of the lowest five-year relative survival rates of all cancers. But while there is no cure, great progress is being made.

In fact, thanks to the important work of the MMRF, the world's leading private funder of myeloma research, the FDA has approved seven new treatments, including two in just the past 24 months – a track record that's unparalleled in the world of oncology. These drugs have almost tripled the lifespan of myeloma patients. And now the MMRF is funding 21 additional treatments in various stages of development, giving hope to tens of thousands of patients and their families.

The MMRF is one of the most highly regarded cancer foundations in the world. An outstanding 90% of the total MMRF budget goes directly towards research and related programming. And the MMRF is in the top 1% of all charities, having earned Charity Navigator’s 4-star rating for the past eleven years in a row.

Please support my participation in the Mt. Kilimanjaro Trek Team Living Proof benefiting the MMRF. I have made a commitment to raise at least $10,000, and I need your help to get there. Please contribute whatever you can. It all adds up!

Please take this opportunity to give back and support this game-changing cancer organization.

Stan

http://support.themmrf.org/site/TR/EnduranceEvents/EnduranceEvents?px=1569122&pg=personal&fr_id=2121

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:32 pm 
5000cc Scooter God

Scooter Model(s): some run, some in pieces, some r pieces
vesparazzi wrote:
Come on you cheap scooterists. All of you who have been waning to get rid of Stan, now is your chance. Let's send him off to Africa.
Stan wrote:
Dear Fellow Scooterists,

Stan

Why would we want to torture Africans??? Don't they have enough hardship already???

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:41 am 
Organizer Emeritus

Scooter Model(s): Vespa GTS 250
I guess I haven't been here in a while. Thanks for the plug, Dan. And, Fern, you're a funny guy.
But, this is a serious request. We need your help to find a cure. Some of you cheap scooterists weren't so cheap and made some nice donations. The work the MMRF is doing will get us close to a cure in my lifetime. And, they will also help towards finding a cure for many other cancers.
Please help. Any size donation is appreciated.
Go to www.teamlivingproof.squarespace.com
Then click on Meet Team Living Proof and navigate to my story.
Thanks!

http://www.stanwagner.net