* Login   * Register * FAQ
It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:37 am 
1000cc Scooter Legend

Scooter Model(s): Vespa GTS 250ie
Hi,

I've created a new series called unconscious reflections. I'm looking for feedback as I have in the past. If you have a desire, please PM me or email kenweissblum at gmail.com and I'lls end you a PDF with the images. Looking for feedback overall and 4 or 5 favorite images and 4 or 5 least favorite. Four sample images are attached.
Attachment:
manhattan_reflection98.jpg

This series artist statement: As a trained psychoanalyst, I have always been interested in one’s relationships to oneself and others.
This series seeks to explore buildings relationships to the past, community, and other buildings/environment though the interactive reflections captured.
Just as a psychoanalyst explores all layers in one conscious and unconscious mind to understand a person’s psychic life, one can examine the layers and how they interact in these images to obtain understanding of a city’s multi-layered past and present life. And analogously, as there are three parts (id, ego, & superego) of our psyche interacting, in these images there are three aspects (interior, exterior & reflections) interacting.
Through investigating these reflections/layers one can observe details that might otherwise be unnoticed. The unintended interactions between the external building and the inside views and reflections can reveal the soul of a neighborhood.
Each image was captured in camera in a single exposure. No compositing or multi exposures were used.

Attachment:
pixilated.jpg

Attachment:
timesquare_reflections_01.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

http://www.metaphotography.com