* Login   * Register * FAQ
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Only post questions involving engines, mods, stuff that requires wrenches, specialized tools or would otherwise interest grease monkeys here please. Questions about top cases, mirrors, seats and other accessories, tires, etc. will be moved to Open Discussion.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:01 pm 
150cc Daily Rider

Scooter Model(s): Kymco Like
Hello,

I am new to attempting my own mechanics and am trying to get my Kymco Like started up again after sitting this past year. I siphoned out old gas and changed the battery. I had a friend come help me who has a little knowledge about scoots. He cleaned out what he thought was the carburetor, and he thought it was not a fuel injected model. Turns out, when I just looked it up, it IS indeed supposed to be fuel injected. So, now I am confused...what did he think was the carburetor? It is still not starting, but WILL turn over directly after spraying the "carburetor" with cleaner, but it just won't stay running. What could the possible issue be? So many different scooter models do not make assessments easy, so any help is greatly appreciated. What are some other steps to try when getting the scoot back up and running? He thought that gas was not getting to the "carburetor," which seemed likely to me after he showed me all the parts, but now I'm more confused than ever.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:49 am 
150cc Daily Rider

Scooter Model(s): Piaggio BV350
Take out all of the old gas from the tank and add about a half a gallon of new gas. Buy a bottle of Seafoam and add some as per the instructions on the bottle. Even if it stalls a few times at first, let it run for 20 minutes or so.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:54 pm 
150cc Daily Rider

Scooter Model(s): Vespa GTS300 Super
According to this the 200i is injected.
http://motorscooterguide.net/Kymco/Like ... 0-200.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:03 pm 
150cc Daily Rider

Scooter Model(s): Vespa GTS300 Super
If the bike runs after spraying some starter fluid in the throttle body (what you're calling a carb) then the problem is either bad gas or fuel delivery. A fuel injected bike will have an electric fuel pump. When you put the key in and turn it to the run position can you hear a small buzzing sound ? If not check your fuses.