* Login   * Register * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Only post questions involving engines, mods, stuff that requires wrenches, specialized tools or would otherwise interest grease monkeys here please. Questions about top cases, mirrors, seats and other accessories, tires, etc. will be moved to Open Discussion.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:42 am 
Poster Child

Scooter Model(s): 2006 metropolitan chf50/s
:mrgreen: can anyone tell me the meaning of the "S" , I have just bought 2 scooters, twins, it has a
GET A 20 computer, uc-9, and there is no jet adjustment near the TPS, I have torn apart the carb and found that the small fluted jet tube , a micro tube was clogged in the middle through, now it idles but not go very fast, so this may be a restricted model? I need help!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:43 pm 
1000cc Scooter Legend

Scooter Model(s): 1984 Honda Aero 125 Red, 1982 Honda Urban Express, 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750
bird wrote:
:mrgreen: can anyone tell me the meaning of the "S" , I have just bought 2 scooters, twins, it has a
GET A 20 computer, uc-9, and there is no jet adjustment near the TPS, I have torn apart the carb and found that the small fluted jet tube , a micro tube was clogged in the middle through, now it idles but not go very fast, so this may be a restricted model? I need help!

I am pretty sure that is a 30 MPH max vehicle.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:37 pm 
2000cc Scooter Royalty

Scooter Model(s): 2009 Aprilia Scarabeo 200
"Slower"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:20 pm 
1000cc Scooter Legend

Scooter Model(s): 1984 Honda Aero 125 Red, 1982 Honda Urban Express, 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750
robgee9 wrote:
"Slower"

Rob, I think you are correct. It was less than 25 MPH. A class LMB moped.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:38 pm 
Poster Child

Scooter Model(s): 2006 metropolitan chf50/s
Thanks you guys, it makes sense now. I found the air jet valve, it's not slotted, its brass with a flat spot by the throttle speed sensor, so I made a tool, (using a hollow drive pin that fit in the hole and put a flat spot on it after some grinding and drilling to actually fit the jet shape) and pulled it out and its clean, put it back and backed it off 2 3/4 turns...seems to run and idle right. So far all the jets have been rodded and cleaned to get these running.
Idle is now ok...ish. I talked to a guy about additives and he says run high octane and some lucas or equivalent for awhile carb cleaner in the gas, then also check the spark plug( or replace) ....called Honda, and since I knew the name of the prior owner they helped on the "S", its a stock item, no restrictions and they are not allowed to directly say the mph speed capacity, but hinted at what you all said...now I can rule out the carburetor. I have reset the ECU via watching the Youtube video on carb cleaning. One thing though, he never showed a "wire rodding" of the jets, its required for units that sit, even Honda says....sit for over a month on these units, drain out the carb fuel asap and fill the tank with new gas first. Love the scooters now I think I will get them on the road...will need an M license in CA. ..they get us to pay pay pay often as they can. thanks again. the....bird