* Login   * Register * FAQ
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Only post questions involving engines, mods, stuff that requires wrenches, specialized tools or would otherwise interest grease monkeys here please. Questions about top cases, mirrors, seats and other accessories, tires, etc. will be moved to Open Discussion.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:28 pm 
Poster Child

Scooter Model(s): 1971 Vespa Sprint 150
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased this 1971 Vespa Sprint 150 and I'm having trouble getting the brake light to work properly. It uses a magneto and the owners/workshop manuals I have do not match with this Sprint. This scoot has an exterior tail light with a single, double filament bulb rather than a typical Sprint with the inset tail light and two festoon type bulbs. When the control switch for the lights is turned to the on position, the brake light filament is on and dims when the foot brake is pressed. So, we think there is a short somewhere. Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.

This Sprint is purported to have been a police scooter in Washington D.C., and I have paperwork to verify this. It has Piaggio parts (air filter has a Piaggio logo), but the steering lock key has the Bajaj logo. So, this machine is kind of a mystery to me. There are some other minor things I need to work on to make it a comfortable ride. Basically, is there any where in the Hudson Valley, North Jersey, Tri-state area I can get this scooter worked on?

Any info or help with the electrical issue, the history of this scooter, or where to get it serviced would be of great value and much appreciated!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.