* Login   * Register * FAQ
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please DO NOT POST NEW QUESTIONS in this section. The Moderators move threads containing frequently asked questions (that have already been answered) here. However, if you have useful information, feel free to add it to the appropriate existing thread.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Muni Meters
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:44 pm 
2000cc Scooter Royalty

Scooter Model(s): 07 GTS, 07 Stella
I was thinking just to paint a spot saying reserved for me, but I like your idea too!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:02 pm 
Co-Founder & Administrator

Scooter Model(s): et4 and px150
NOTE: I merged a half-dozen or so muni-meter threads into one thread so that all the info on this subject was in one place. Moved to FAQ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:29 pm 
500cc Distance Rider

Location: "Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey" Bruce Springsteen
Scooter Model(s): 2006 Vespa LX150 - bella Bella BACK from California for now
Well luckily for Keith and I, this past Saturday the "spot" we found alongside Katz's Deli had a NY Traffic Cop sitting in his vehicle on one end.

I asked the cop how I was going to display the muni meter receipt and he said to tuck it in the space between the bracket and my windscreen. So we used some brochures that we had picked up at the Highline to wedge the receipts and (not that I'm paranoid), I took out my camera and shot pictures of receipts on scoots. I also suggested to Keith that he keep the receipt.

Still, seems like a mighty half-assed way to deal with it, but it beats the hell out of paying and/or fighting a parking ticket.

Admin for Jinxed Scooter Club on Facebook
Admin for Backroads Scooter Club page on Facebook

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:12 pm 
Poster Child

An update from my July 28 posting in this thread about the DOT website Muni Meter page....I subsequently called 311 and complained that the web site did not offer any way to purchase the "clear plastic holders" that they said were available from "speciality stores". I also wrote an e-mail to my city council rep complaining about this.

Well, today I received a call from DOT asking if I had received my free plastic holders. When I told them I have not received anything, they promised to put a couple in the mail to me. Apparently they are now offering these. I'll post an update when I receive them.

Ken

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:21 am 
1000cc Scooter Legend

Scooter Model(s): 1966 Bajaj 150
Did you ever receive the holders?

I have some interesting news. Both my girlfriend and I got muni meter tickets in July 2011 on our vintage Vespas. We did not pay for muni-meter parking.

I crafted a dispute for both of us and we sent them (mine via mail, hers via internet). She won! She did not show a receipt, nor any evidence of purchasing a ticket, but disputed the ticket based on the text of the law.

Mine is still in "hearing pending" status.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:30 pm 
25cc Weekend Buzzer

Scooter Model(s): Honda, Yamaha, Aprilia, Vespa
Fighting customers' parking tickets is a Friday tradition for me. Many times the ticket agents just give them out even though the scooter is parked legally and correctly. It's now to the point that the judges recognize my face and are starting to quickly dismiss the tickets. Next trip to John Street, I'll try to get some clearer information on that Bill that is rumored to pass so that scooters and motorcycles won't have to pay because there's no place of displaying the receipts without it either flying away or stolen.

(908)803-2929
Scooter rentals in NJ and NY for road test or for cruising the city!
50 - 250cc Scooters - Yamaha, Honda, Aprilia, and Vespa
President
Edwin DeVia

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8