* Login   * Register * FAQ
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

PLEASE NOTE: This section is ONLY for the posting of rides, meet-ups, rallies and other scooter-related events. If its not one of those, don't post it here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:12 pm 
Poster Child

Scooter Model(s): Suzuki Burgman 400
'Fall into.. the Gap'

Sunday October 26th

Destination: Deleware Water Gap; Old Mine Road

This is a great fall ride... our last ride had 35 riders- let's have more this time. It will be the last group ride for this season. Come all; spread the word. Let's make this the most memorable.

*Please pack lunch and show up with a full tank of gas. Be prepared to have to fill up again and have $ for tolls*

1st meeting spot - Brooklyn;

Atlantic Avenue by Columbia Street. The start of Atlantic Avenue below the BQE @ the waterfront... the bottom of the hill.

Start meeting 9 am departure PROMPTLY at 9:30 am

Brooklyn Bridge to FDR south to the West side to the Holland Tunnel. ...

2nd meeting spot - Manhattan;

Washington Street between Vestry and Debroisse Streets.
*This street is one block parallel to the Westside Highway and one block away from the tunnel - we met there before by the garage*

Start meeting 10 am departure PROMPTLY at 10:30 am through the Holland Tunnel

I-280 West to I-80 West (16 miles)

I-80 West to Millbrook / Flatbrookville exit 1 (46 miles)

At this point we will start Old Mine Road; a scenic natural parks road running parallel to the Delaware River; approximately 26 miles

Depart @ 4:00 to return to NYC

Hope to see you all there.... should anyone have any problems or questions feel free to call me 6463207528

*Rain Date will be Saturday 25th; the day before planned... but our rides so far have yet to be rained out....so I'm being hopeful it won't now*

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:51 am 
Poster Child

Come one. .. come all... it's going to be spectacular. Gorgeous sunny day and we have about 50 riders going. If in doubt... knees to the breeze. .. come on out

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:08 pm 
Poster Child

Fall into.. the Gap. This Sunday. *updates*

Well the count down has begun and it looks like it is going to be a great ride with a lot of riders and good weather. Again- I will just say if you are considering joining - do so!! This is not to be missed....

1- Brooklyn Bridge is NOT closed as it has had several weekend closures.. this is NOT one of them

2- For anyone coming from New Jersey be advised that we will be stopping at the Exxon station outside of the Holland Tunnel in Jersey City at 11. Feel free to meet us there

3- Food:. Ideally you should bring lunch as we will stop at a picnic area along the trail - however for those who need food we will be stopping at a TA travelers center in Columbia NJ exit 4 C-A off of I-80 right before the exit to the water gap. There is also a McDonald's and a Taco Bell there too. We will be stopping at this exit going in and out of the Gap for gas etc.

4- Towing: Should anyone have any problems and require a tow truck contact Spin Cycle. 609-477-1179. Ask for They are certified and licensed to pick up along I-80 and I-280.

*Hope to see you all there!!!!!!*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:09 pm 
Poster Child

Fall into.. the Gap. This Sunday. *updates*

Well the count down has begun and it looks like it is going to be a great ride with a lot of riders and good weather. Again- I will just say if you are considering joining - do so!! This is not to be missed....

1- Brooklyn Bridge is NOT closed as it has had several weekend closures.. this is NOT one of them

2- For anyone coming from New Jersey be advised that we will be stopping at the Exxon station outside of the Holland Tunnel in Jersey City at 11. Feel free to meet us there

3- Food:. Ideally you should bring lunch as we will stop at a picnic area along the trail - however for those who need food we will be stopping at a TA travelers center in Columbia NJ exit 4 C-A off of I-80 right before the exit to the water gap. There is also a McDonald's and a Taco Bell there too. We will be stopping at this exit going in and out of the Gap for gas etc.

4- Towing: Should anyone have any problems and require a tow truck contact Spin Cycle. 609-477-1179. Ask for They are certified and licensed to pick up along I-80 and I-280.

*Hope to see you all there!!!!!!*