* Login   * Register * FAQ
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

PLEASE NOTE: This section is ONLY for the posting of rides, meet-ups, rallies and other scooter-related events. If its not one of those, don't post it here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:05 pm 
Poster Child

Hey all you oddscoot fans out there -- Mark your calendars!

Tom and Anna Giordano are pleased to invite you to this year's T&A Bagelbrunch and Oddscoot Classic

Come and witness one of the largest (hopefully) gathering of the oddest of the odd scooters in the world -- and show off your own Oddscoot if you have one.

When: Saturday, September 20, 2014

11:00-1:30 Meet and Greet -- and Eat (bagels and stuff)!

Cool and Drool (over the ever-changing oddscoot display, show off your own oddscoot, snap some pics with your favorite two-wheel oddities.

Swap Meet! Buy, sell, or trade, your spare oddscoot parts! (But don't expect miracles -- this is our first event with a swap meet component, and will be decidedly low-key). Please bring your own blanket or small table, and we'll set you up somewhere shady.

1:30 to 5:00(ish) Ride out to a beauty spot in scenic Westchester. (Possibly a stop for refreshments . . . somewhere (Don't ask us! We won't even plan the route until a week before the event!)

5pm(ish) -- You get to go about your business! Woohoo! The ride will return to our place for those of you who trucked or trailered your rides in -- otherwise, you may want to depart direct from the ride location.

You do NOT need an oddscoot to attend! Vintage -- modern -- it is all good.

Since it is nice to know in advance how many bagels we'll need, please be sure to let us know if you're planning to attend.

If possible, please RSVP through Facebook, at this page (https://www.facebook.com/events/1443988025858747/), as it makes less work for us than handling individual messages. Feel free to message me thru FB if you have any questions or comments.

$10.00 contribution, payable at the event, to help defray the food costs, please.

There are a couple of fresh (or perhaps crusty) jaw-dropping oddscoots in the collection, so even if you've been here before, there will be some odd-scooty newness for you to oogle.

Hope to see you there!

-Tom and Anna Giordano

And now a couple of additional considerations:

1. As always, we need volunteers to drive (and/or supply) the breakdown truck/van/trailer( s). Please let us know (in advance) if you're willing and able to help! If you haven't done this in years past, then its your turn. (If you have, it is STILL your turn!)

2. If you are interested in helping set up in advance of the event, YOU ROCK!! This might mean an emergency run to the store for supplies, setting up tables and such, and hauling out bikes to display on the lawn. But as often as not, it means cleaning a year's worth of dust and grime off the scoots to be displayed -- so be forewarned! ;o)

3. Our rides will be slow(ish), out of deference to the sometimes fragile nature of the oddscoot beast, and to inspire maximum envy in all Oddscoot-deprived heathens and other casual onlookers. If you're a speed-demon . . . sorry!

4. Please feel free to cross-post this announcement to other lists where oddscootists and Sals-brarians may be lurking.

5. Last, but not least, please keep in mind that we live on a (usually) quiet residential street. In deference to our long-suffering neighbors, let's all try to keep the runs up and down the block to the daytime period of the event -- particularly if you're on a bike that does not exactly whisper a discreet exhaust note.

Tom and Anna G.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:23 am 
Poster Child

Three days until the Bagel Brunch, and no replies here and only one RSVP from this board (I think).

If you're planning to come, please let me know, one way or another!

;o)

Tom G.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:07 pm 
1000cc Scooter Legend

Scooter Model(s): some
Sorry I can't make it this year, doing college stuff
with one of my sons. Hope you have great weather,
and a good turnout.

Rob

1989 FA50
2007 Vespa GT200

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:42 pm 
Organizer Emeritus

Scooter Model(s): 2004 et4; 1980 p200; 1963 li150+
I have a conflict in the morning, but I may be able to make it over in the afternoon. Thanks once again for your hospitality.

Brendan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:08 am 
1000cc Scooter Legend

Scooter Model(s): Suzuki & Honda.
I will be busy that day... sorry I will miss it. I hope all goes well; the weather will be perfect... have lots of FUN!!!

2007 Suzuki Burgman Executive 650 c.c.
1987 Honda Helix 250 c.c.