* Login   * Register * FAQ
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A way to communicate
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:04 pm 
150cc Daily Rider

Scooter Model(s): 2009 Suzuki Burgman an400
Our club www.ccscooterclub.com.au has resisted in changing from a website plus google group to keep our members together and also to let other riders know of our existence
I have commented elsewhere on your forum on the number of other clubs across the globe that have opted for facebook and how many no longer exist
I noted this post on Vespa Canada --posted on 29th Jan 2011 a comment by Marvin --regular user "Facebook has totally killed this forum " and as I said that was in 2011
The scooter industry seems to be going through a quiet patch and probably needs as much support as it can get
Scooter clubs across the world need to support the industry so that it does'nt get over ridden by motor bikes
I also note that a number of clubs now use a format called Meetup
Now I don't know much about FB or Meetup but I do recognise that a better form of communicating to current and new riders needs to be taken to ensure our scooters don't become collector items in the future