* Login   * Register * FAQ
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Newbie from Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:34 am 
Poster Child

Scooter Model(s): Don't own one yet. Buying two, one for self one for wife.
Hello to the group. Newbie here. Live in Central New York ( Syracuse). My name is Martin R. 58 year old man. I don't see any post from 2016? Is the group still active? I'm looking for anyone from the Central New York (Syracuse) area that rides scooters. Is there a Central New York group?
I'm coming off of many years riding Harley's. Switching to Vespa/scooters. One for myself and one for my wife.
Always liked the Vespa Scooters. At one time not too long ago you could buy one at the local Harley Dealership. At the time all my money was tied up in Harley's. No extra for a scooter scooter. Well , many many Harley's, miles and dollars later, my wife and I have found we're all done with the whole Harley deal. It was fun and a life style we really enjoyed with our friends.
That being said, we don't want to give up riding. Just going to switch to a different style. The scooter style. I know lots of my friends just won't understand. But I could care less. Bottom line scooters are a ton of fun.
My wife and I rented a couple of them (scooters) down in Key West a few years back. Loved them.
8 months ago I had a stroke. Now my balance is off a tad. Don't trust myself to take my wife's life in my hands having her ride on the back of the motorcycle any longer. We've always been very safe riders. That will never change, but I'm not as sharp as I once was now that I've had the stroke. I'm still sharper than most all the other folks out there on the highways. Always was always will be.
We sold our last Harley well over 1.5 years ago. Way before I had the stroke. So this idea of Vespas has been bouncing around for a long time now. The stroke has nothing to do with it. I understand that a scooter can be just as dangerous as a full blown Harley. I'm no fool.
So there you go. Looking for central New Yorker scooter riders. Any out there?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:51 am 
250cc Rally Go'er

Scooter Model(s): Piaggio MP3 400
Howdy MartinR.

Can't help with the Syracuse area, but there is an active scooter group in Albany. You're welcome to join us July 8–10 for our annual rally.

http://atownrumble.com/