* Login   * Register * FAQ
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:15 pm 
Offline
150cc Daily Rider

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 150
Location: carroll gardens
Scooter Model(s): Triumph Bonneville SE Vespa 300
Just got a "notice of liability" in the mail for going 2 miles over the allowable school zone speed in Lynbrook.
It's 50 bucks and a "driver reps. fee" of $30. It is not a standard DMV ticket; what's the dealio?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:00 pm 
Offline
1000cc Scooter Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:23 pm
Posts: 1621
Location: NYC & Eastern Sufolk County
Scooter Model(s): 1984 Honda Aero 125 Red, 1982 Honda Urban Express, 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750
shinynewscoot wrote:
Just got a "notice of liability" in the mail for going 2 miles over the allowable school zone speed in Lynbrook.
It's 50 bucks and a "driver reps. fee" of $30. It is not a standard DMV ticket; what's the dealio?


It's from a photo speed trap. If you decide to fight it let us know how it goes.

I got one for a red light in Nassau county. Plead not guilty and got a "court" date for February. At the least it will be an education.

_________________
"Life is short, enjoy the ride."
Motosport Brokerage (800)-680-0933


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:29 pm 
Offline
150cc Daily Rider

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 150
Location: carroll gardens
Scooter Model(s): Triumph Bonneville SE Vespa 300
Guilty as charged. I was going a dangerous 32 MPH. So I will not be heading down to Nassau County to go in front of a judge. However, the notice states: should one not pay the notice fee - it is considered an admission of guilt, and MAY result in another fee of $25. There isn't a lot of gravitas to that threat - so I guess I was wondering if someone would say, "oh, that's just a grassroots PTA thing, don't pay it." lol. That said, school safety is no laughing matter.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:32 pm 
Offline
2000cc Scooter Royalty
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Posts: 2049
Location: A deluxe UES apt in the sky
Scooter Model(s): 07 GTS, 07 Stella
shinynewscoot wrote:
Guilty as charged. I was going a dangerous 32 MPH. So I will not be heading down to Nassau County to go in front of a judge. However, the notice states: should one not pay the notice fee - it is considered an admission of guilt, and MAY result in another fee of $25. There isn't a lot of gravitas to that threat - so I guess I was wondering if someone would say, "oh, that's just a grassroots PTA thing, don't pay it." lol. That said, school safety is no laughing matter.



I thought simply ignoring it would work with a Suffolk County red light ticket until they sent me to collections many, many months later. At that point it wasn't worth the time so I paid it.

_________________
No one knows what it means, but it's provocative...Gets the people going!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:35 pm 
Offline
150cc Daily Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:56 pm
Posts: 198
Scooter Model(s): Vespa GTS300 Super
What's the speed limit in the school zone?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:41 pm 
Offline
150cc Daily Rider

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 150
Location: carroll gardens
Scooter Model(s): Triumph Bonneville SE Vespa 300
Yeah, credit report blunder is what I would expect down the road. I'll pay it.
Grrr.
Speed limit was 20. To be honest, I used their electronic tracker as my own GPS to see how fast I could make the numbers go up - all the way to 32 MPH - I like to live life dangerously, in the slow lane. :/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:53 am 
Offline
1000cc Scooter Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:23 pm
Posts: 1621
Location: NYC & Eastern Sufolk County
Scooter Model(s): 1984 Honda Aero 125 Red, 1982 Honda Urban Express, 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750
shinynewscoot wrote:
Yeah, credit report blunder is what I would expect down the road. I'll pay it.
Grrr.
Speed limit was 20. To be honest, I used their electronic tracker as my own GPS to see how fast I could make the numbers go up - all the way to 32 MPH - I like to live life dangerously, in the slow lane. :/


If you do not pay your registration will be suspended.

_________________
"Life is short, enjoy the ride."
Motosport Brokerage (800)-680-0933


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:22 pm 
Offline
500cc Distance Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:57 pm
Posts: 680
Location: Brooklyn, N.Y.
Scooter Model(s): 09 GTS Midnite blue
I got hit in September doing 41. I was going with the flow of traffic near the Lido School in Long Beach. Cost me 80. Outrageous! Now when I go in the area during school times other drivers honk at me.
Andy


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:10 am 
Offline
1000cc Scooter Legend

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:12 pm
Posts: 1607
Scooter Model(s): SYM HD 200
We beat them. Cameras being repealed on Monday. Join us on facebook. We led the revolt.
Nassau residents oppose school speed zone cameras.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group