* Login   * Register * FAQ
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 904 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:57 am 
1000cc Scooter Legend

Scooter Model(s): Suzuki & Honda.
Hello Pabigat, that is an awesome scooter, Good luck traveling those US roads!!!

2007 Suzuki Burgman Executive 650 c.c.
1987 Honda Helix 250 c.c.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:38 am 
Poster Child

Scooter Model(s): ice bear maddog series 2 150cc
Hey Edgar! thanks! i am actually heading back soon to NY but shipping the scooter back... I hope the club does a rider rally for a quick get together before the summer ends for more pics and stories visit my blog www.scootertravels.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:55 am 
Poster Child

Scooter Model(s): looking to buy a P200e
hi all,

new member here in upper westchester area.

used to ride a honda rebel and a harley sportster 883 back in the college days.

i have always wanted a vespa for various reasons and i am ready to get one and get back to riding.

i posted on the for sale/wanted forum looking to buy an original good runner (p200e or px125).

thanks,
m

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:28 pm 
Poster Child

Scooter Model(s): 2014 Genuine Stella Auto
New here.

Jamerson
Ride: 2014 Stella Auto /Black
Live: Cobble Hill, Brooklyn
Work: Downtown
Used to have: '75 Honda CL360 but stoked to have an auto scooter
Goals: I have high hopes of going over either Manhattan or Brooklyn bridge one day

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:57 am 
250cc Rally Go'er

Scooter Model(s): Piaggio MP3 400
Welcome, Thisisjamerson.

> I have high hopes of going over either Manhattan or Brooklyn bridge one day
Go for it!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:04 pm 
Poster Child

Scooter Model(s): Vespa LX 150
Michael
Ride: 2012 Vespa LX 150 - Celeste Blue
Live: Upper West Side
Work: Flatiron

Only been scooting in NYC for about a month, but had bikes in Atlanta and DC for a few years. So far, my husband and I have done rides to Coney Island and Palisades Park, NJ. Looking forward to trying some of the rides posted here on the forum.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:14 pm 

Scooter Model(s): GTV 250, Mana 850, Stella, BMW R75/6, '64 VBB, '84 MG LeMans 3, '64 GS 160, MG California 1400
MichaelUWS wrote:
Michael

Only been scooting in NYC for about a month, but had bikes in Atlanta and DC for a few years. So far, my husband and I have done rides to Coney Island and Palisades Park, NJ. Looking forward to trying some of the rides posted here on the forum.

Welcome Michael

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:10 pm 
5000cc Scooter God

Scooter Model(s): some run, some in pieces, some r pieces
MichaelUWS wrote:
Michael

welcome micheal. the forum isn't used as much anymore. most rides r posted on Facebook

ask to join these groups
https://www.facebook.com/groups/nyscooterclub/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/rottenapplesc/

and like these pages
https://www.facebook.com/JinxedSC
https://www.facebook.com/KamikazeScooterClub

and if u want to ride with people in long island
https://www.facebook.com/groups/thehornetslisc/

and NYS not far from NYC
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1652311658333253/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:10 pm 
Poster Child

Scooter Model(s): Vespa 300 GTS Super
I am Baba,
Ride a 2010 Vespa 300 GTS super
Black in color. Just purchased it last week. Live in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn, work in the city.
With no luck getting any dates for a road test in Brooklyn or the Bronx, I managed to score one on Nov 30 in Syosset LI.
Until thenIll just ride and hope I don't get caught, doubt it as I am not breaking any driving laws and so don't give them probable cause to pull me over.
In the meantime I have been looking at some heated gloves and jackets and realize that they damn expensive, so I am going to venture into making my own heated gloves to start off with and then do the jacket if i succeed making the gloves.
Maybe others here have better options and will share their ideas.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:36 pm 
5000cc Scooter God

baba12 wrote:
I am Baba,
Black in color. Just purchased it last week. Live in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn, work in the city.
With no luck getting any dates for a road test in Brooklyn or the Bronx, I managed to score one on Nov 30 in Syosset LI.
Until thenIll just ride and hope I don't get caught, doubt it as I am not breaking any driving laws and so don't give them probable cause to pull me over.
In the meantime I have been looking at some heated gloves and jackets and realize that they damn expensive, so I am going to venture into making my own heated gloves to start off with and then do the jacket if i succeed making the gloves.

u can get heated grips. much cheaper than gloves

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:44 pm 
Poster Child

I have looked at heated grips and ScooterWest has a set made by Koso for like $80.
The problems I have are 2, one the grips will heat up nicely, I have tested them on a BMW R1100 bike, but they heat the palms and my fingertips are the ones that need to be heated mostly, so unless I make an effort to touch the tips to the grips it doesn't get warmed up and 2 I ride my bicle too as much as possible and I'd like to be able have heated gloves.
I have not been diagnosed with Raynauds phenomenon but I may have that and last winter when i was riding my bicycle it was horrible, I spent $60 on supposedly super warm gloves by SealSkinz and they were a disappointment.
I have been told that either I find gloves that have at least 200 grams of Thinsulate or get some heated gloves.
Ideally Id get the Gyde S4 gloves, they are just awesome but $250 for a pair seems way too much...
So I am going to try and make heated gloves and if I succeed I shall share the results with everyone here..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:44 am 
250cc Rally Go'er

Scooter Model(s): Piaggio MP3 400
Baba12,

If your winter riding gloves have room for liners, I recommend the Seirus Thermalux. It has a pocket to hold a chemical heat packet and metal threads to conduct the heat. The only drawback of the Thermalux is that it sticks to Velcro, which will eventually damage it. You'd need a new pair of heat packs for every cold day you ride, but they really work well.

Last edited by ramblerdan on Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:48 am 
Poster Child

Thanks for the tip. I will look into it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:03 pm 
Organizer Emeritus

Scooter Model(s): Vespa GTS 250
baba12 wrote:
I am Baba,

I've been using these for the last 3 years. Work great, inexpensive, and easy to install(especially if you have a 12V accessory socket on your scooter)
http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-warm-wrap-grips.html

I also have these: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/joe-rocket-rocket-burner-heated-gloves
With a Termoscud I ride as long as the roads are dry.
http://www.tucanourbano.com/int/motorcycle-scooter-leg-covers-hand-covers/termoscud.html

http://www.stanwagner.net

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:09 pm 
Poster Child

Scooter Model(s): Vespa Sprint 150
My search for troubleshooting a Sprint 150 led me here and I am glad to know that there is a local club supporting scooter owners and what I will probably learn is a large scooter community.

Originally from Long Island, my Scooter riding roots originate in Southern Italy and Southern France. Finally ready to go forward with a Scooter here stateside, my friend offered me short term use of a fairly new Vespa 150. By email my friend tells me its fine and I know he rode it to work just a week ago.

However, when I got it home (by truck) I learned it would not start and unfortunately my friend is out of country for a few weeks. I have experience with Old VWs, Jeeps, Mustangs, and my Fiat 500 but no clue with Vespas.

Key on, Brake, On/Off Swith, Starter... starter turns over and nothing.

Looking for some guidance, becoming a permanent owner, and joining this community.

Thanks in advance for the welcome and any help.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:51 pm 
Poster Child

Scooter Model(s): JinLun JL125 Retro, Kymco AgilityCity 150
Hi boys, i am scooter fun from Slowakia in East Europe. Until six years on my Kawasaki W650 i came back to the scooters, buy old cheap chinese wreck and build my Majka. In this summer i travel on Balkan and make more then 2000km. Regards Tony 8)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:45 am 
Poster Child

Scooter Model(s): Honda CH80, Moto Guzzi California
I have a 2004 Moto Guzzi and a 1995 Honda CH80 Elite. In last 40 odd years I have owned Guzzis, Lambretta, GSXR 750, Vmax, Benelli Tornado and Sei, few Hondas and Suzukis.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:54 am 
Poster Child

Scooter Model(s): Honda Silverwing
Name: Jeff
Live: Westfield, NJ
Work: Everywhere-I'm a consultant and my office is my iPhone
Ride: 2008 Honda Silverwing

Riding experience: I owned a Suzuki scooter from 1980-1983. It was a 50cc model I used to get around Buffalo, NY during college. I always knew I'd come back to it but didn't think it would happen when my own kids were in college! The Silverwing is quite a step up for me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:27 am 
5000cc Scooter God

deadhead wrote:
Name: Jeff
Live: Westfield, NJ
Work: Everywhere-I'm a consultant and my office is my iPhone
Ride: 2008 Honda Silverwing

Riding experience: I owned a Suzuki scooter from 1980-1983. It was a 50cc model I used to get around Buffalo, NY during college. I always knew I'd come back to it but didn't think it would happen when my own kids were in college! The Silverwing is quite a step up for me.

Hey Jeff. Check out the Facebook group for the forum. Its much more active

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:32 pm 
Poster Child

Scooter Model(s): Piaggio bv 250 '09 (prior: vespa, aprilia, ducati, bmw, suzuki... and my baby dahon)
hi all
Name: Sonya
Live: (Chelsea) NY, NY
Work: Flatiron and midtown
Ride: 2009 Piaggio BV 250

i started riding motorcycles in the mid 90's (mostly Italian), then about 5-6 years ago I started riding scooters. Buddy, Vespa, Aprilia and now my fav (the BV). looking fwd to a little group ride, or whatnot social event happening locally.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 904 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next